Thursday, April 02, 2009

Lots of Good News

Lots of good news for me!!!

First, I got permission to drive to Physical Therapy today. (To be honest, I actually started driving on Tuesday - but now I can for real!!!)

Secondly, I get to dump the brace that I have been wearing since my surgery. It has been 4 weeks today and I have had to wear this brace 24-7. When I first started, it was set so that I could not bend my knee. As I slowly increased my knee movement, my physical therapist would "unlock" it a little more and allow for more movement. Imagine sleeping with this thing on...UGH!!! See how horrible...


And last - but not least, I weighed myself today and I have not gained 1 pound since my surgery!! Yeah!! I can gently ride a bike for 5 minutes and walk on the treadmill for 6-8 minutes. Wow!! Huh??? I don't even break a sweat with that workout!!! I can't wait to be back up and going again.

So - lots of good things going on here!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are starting to get around a little more. That stinks that you have to sleep in that brace. How long until you can get rid of it completely?

    ReplyDelete