Where do I begin? This weekend was SO fun!!! A bunch of my friends met up in Vegas for a quick girls weekend. We came from all over the country - Laurie (SLC), Kristin (Florida), Michelle (Tennessee), Emily C. (Colorado), Emily S. (California) Kristi (Las Vegas), Collette (Las Vegas), and me.
My friends Laurie and Kristin picked me up Friday afternoon and we headed to Vegas. Laurie's husband told us that we could make it to Vegas on one tank of gas and we were determined to do it. I don't think he took into consideration that she had to drive into Provo to get Kristin and into Payson to get me. Our low fuel light came on just outside Vegas and we were sure that we were going to be OK and well....we almost were. We ran out of gas just 2 blocks short of the gas station. We were laughing so hard and probably looked so silly taking pictures of Laurie putting gas into the car.

We got up Saturday morning and did a little shopping and then went to IN-N-OUT for lunch. Laurie loves IN-N-OUT and we had plans to at least eat there once. We also stopped in St. George on the way home and ate there again. Their hamburgers are OK - I just don't think they are as great as everyone makes them out to be - but that's just my 2 cents.. Here we are eating at IN-N-OUT in Vegas.

After lunch, we headed back to the hotel. laid out by the pool for awhile and then made bracelets - just a little something that will remind us of each other every time we wear it.

Then it was off to Chili's for dinner. This is "our place" for hanging out. We were there for hours and finally left when the guy sitting across from us started giving us dirty looks. I'm sure that everyone thought we must have been drinking something - we were laughing so hard. What a fun time!!

Sunday was a little bit of everything I laid out by the pool for awhile. It was so nice there!! (it was snowing back in Utah) We made these cute blocks that afternoon..

We took Emily C. to the airport and then headed down to the strip. Emily S. has never been there. Poor girl - she was so good and went to church that day and then we took her to the pits of hell known as the Vegas Strip. Michelle put $1 in a slot machine and won $10. Pretty cool! We stopped at the Bellagio fountains on the way back and watched the show. Pretty neat!
Alas, Monday came and it was time to head home. We got out a little late (6 hours later than we planned) and didn't get home until 11pm. We ran over a skunk just outside Payson. Poor Laurie had to smell it the whole way home. YUCK!!
I had such a good time this weekend. It was fun to get together with everyone. We stayed up until 3am both nights - just laughing, crying, and talking. I miss these ladies and can't wait to plan another get-together. We're thinking a cruise sounds fun!!
I'm glad you had such a good time. I had to laugh, only "Mormons" would go to Vegas and make bracelets and blocks! LOL :) Too bad you can't make it for our Quebec trip it's going to be so much fun!!!
ReplyDelete