Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's been a busy week....

It's been a crazy week - but what else is new?

We got back from Idaho on Sunday afternoon. Monday was busy with unpacking and cleaning. Later that night, we hiked to the Grotto for FHE.



I got up early on Tuesday and started a load of laundry only to find out that my washer had finally DIED!! It didn't take us long to find a new set - Jeff purchased them by 11:30am that morning but I had to wait until Wednesday to get them.My favorite feature?? The delay wash - I can load it the night before and have delay the wash until early morning. My first load is done by the time I wake up!!!

We went to Seven Peaks Tuesday afternoon/evening. The kids get free passes during the school year for reading 20 - 30 minutes every day. We had a good time. I don't usually like Seven Peaks because it is so packed and the lines are so long - but evidently Tuesday is a good day to go. On the down side, they no longer allow ANY food in the park. (Sorry no pics - I didn't dare take my new camera!!)

Yeah - my washer and dryer were delivered on Wednesday. I'm probably the only person that I know who loves to do laundry! Got started on laundry and then headed out to YW followed by a Presidency meeting - didn't get home until 10:30pm.

I went to SLC on Thursday to see my good friend Laurie. We went over to the Daybreak beach and hung out there for HOURS and let the kids play. we had so much fun. We decided to grab something to eat on the way home and had quite the adventure trying to find a Fazolis. The GPS said there was one in American Fork so we headed in that direction. But alas, there was nothing. The next one was in Orem so we decided to try that. Again, no Fazolis. (Jeff thinks they went out of business) So we settled for Sconecutters. My kids love their smiley face fries!!

TGIF!! We had nothing planned for today!! The kids were ready to have some down time and just play with friends. Jeff & I went to the Elder's Quorum party that night. We played Dodgeball. We have been letting Calista watch the kids a little bit here and there. We figured since we were at the church and in the neighborhood, we would just let her babysit. I could get used to this!!!

I got up early Saturday morning and weeded my garden. Then I took "my girls" out school shopping for awhile. I soon discovered that Calista is a shopper - Hailey is not!

We came back home and headed over to the Scottish Festival to check out some food and games. Jeff's mom has Scottish ancestors and last year we were able to get their family crest for her which was kinda cool. There are some very interesting people that hang out there and if you are into men in skirts - this is the festival for you!! My kids were excited to get their faces painted..

Saturday night was our ward party. The kids decorated their bikes and we had a kid's parade followed by a ward BBQ. Yum!! Hailey is in the white dress and Calista & Chance have brown shirts.
Whew!! I am exhausted and hope next week is a little less busy - but it probably won't be because we start swimming lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun week. I think Fazolis did go out of business because the one in Pocatello was closed the last time we went there.

    ReplyDelete