Monday, January 05, 2009

Holidays in a Flash!!

Wow - the holidays came and went so fast!!!

We spent Christmas at home and then headed up to Burley, Idaho on Dec. 27. The trip was postponed for a day because the roads in Idaho were closed all day on Dec 26. I was worried about how bad the roads would be but they were great in Idaho - horrible in Ogden, Utah. It was a sheer sheet of ice and took us an extra 30-40 minutes. We did have to go slower than normal and the overall trip took us an extra 2 hours.

Jeff's family was nice enough to hold dinner for us until we got there. We ate and then opened up gifts. The kids played Wii all night and the adults visited. The girls did some crafts Sunday afternoon while the guys hung out (and watched kids)! Most of the crafts were from my Super Saturday but we also did the wood blocks on my previous post. Instead of Believe - they have our last name. I'll post a pic later.

We came home on Monday. We spent New Year's Eve with our friends in Santaquin and then spent ALL day at another friend's house on New Year's Day. Thank for letting us hang out ALL day - Laurie! We got home at 1am and fell into bed. Slept in on Friday and read 3 books. I had a YW meeting Saturday morning and then drove to Farmington to meet my niece. (FYI for Alisha - I checked out Bukkos while I was in Farmington. They said there are rumors that they may be closing....not sure when.)

We had church on Sunday and then the vacation was over. I feel like I need a vacation from the vacation!!! I'm exhausted and the kids were so tired today that I couldn't get them up for school. Although, it is nice to be back to some sort of schedule and routine.

Hope all your holidays were just as great and everyone has an awesome 2009!

And for your viewing pleasure - a few Christmas pics.

Jeff got the game that he wanted - although the kids warned him that they would take it away if there was any cussing!!
Calista was very excited to get HSM Sharpay doll - she's showing Hailey all the stuff it came with.

Who wrapped this gift anyway??

Laser Tag - not sure if this was more for Dad or for Chance.
Just Kidding! Chance has loved it!

The picture says it all!!




3 comments:

  1. The picture of Hailey trying to open the box is so hilarious!

    My brother and sister in law told Troy and I they stopped at Bukoos and they had NOTHING (same for you???!?!?!) We wondered if they were gonna close the doors....sad day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot - I bought a snowmobile cover for Jeff and a spice organizer. They have a ton of furniture and lighting fixtures but you would have to have a lot of time to look through all the boxes to find something. I would LOVE new chairs in my front room and kinda looked around but couldn't find 2 matching chairs. Oh, well. I'll go back to searching KSL classifieds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog Cindy! Now I can keep up with you a little better. :0)

    ReplyDelete