Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Hailey!!!

Hailey turned the big 7 this weekend!!! Wow - I can't believe that she'll be baptized next year.

Speaking of baptism, Hailey has this thing figured out as this story explains - Hailey & Chance were arguing one day. Chance called Hailey a liar and she replied, "Yeah!! Well!! I can lie as much as I want to because when I turn 8, it just all WASHES away!" I tried to explain to Hailey that this was the time for her to practice telling the truth so it would be easier when she turned 8. She then told me, "Mom, I know how to tell the truth! I CHOOSE to lie." I hope she joins debate when she's older - she would be awesome!

Anyway, I used to do the BIG Birthday parties - go all out on decorations, the cake, take-home bags, etc. I then realized that the kids really don't care. They just like to get together and play.

So, I asked Hailey ""What do you want to do?" and here's what she picked!


Oops! I forgot to take pictures of the snowglobes. We used Polymer clay to make figures. We baked them and glue them inside baby food jars. (I bought applesauce baby food and Hailey has been eating it so we could have baby jars.) I'll take a picture of Calista & Hailey's and post them later.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun!
    I could have hooked you up with the baby food jars..... LOL

    You are such a fun, creative Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hailey! Looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog several hours ago and every time I think of Hailey I crack up laughing, she is going to be so much fun! I wish I lived closer. By the time she is a teenager I should be if our plans work out!

    ReplyDelete