AND
water was running into our basement.
Unfortunately we didn't find the water until Monday. It leaked through the window well in our office. I had just moved everything from the upstairs office to the downstairs office so luckily most everything was in plastic bins. I had to move about 1/2 of the stuff out into the family room. We used the shop-vac and the steam cleaner to suck up the water and turned on some fans.
So, I decided to sort through some of the office stuff today and kneeled down to go through a box. I thought it felt a little cold/damp so I started feeling around. Sure enough!! The floor in the family room was slightly damp. So, when Jeff got home tonight we moved everything from the family room to the play room. We also had to take the entertainment center apart and move it. UGH!! It's been a lot of work.
We're hoping that we got to it in time but if not - it's a good excuse for new carpet!!
Here's a pic of the window. If you look close, you can see the water line at the bottom of the window - about 2 inches high - it's the cloudy looking stuff. Yuck!!
That stinks!!! Sounds like too much work to me! :)
ReplyDeleteSo you moved one of the girls back upstairs?!?!? Calista was in the downstairs office right?!?!?
Yuck! I hate flooding. When we were having problems last year me and David would hit panic mode anytime we heard running water! I would turn on the washer and then go running back in there because the water sounded "too loud"
ReplyDeleteUgh! What a mess! Sorry, it doesn't sound fun at all!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That totally stinks, it seems like lots of people in our ward had the same thing happen to them!
ReplyDelete