Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hershey Track Meet

Every year our school participates in a Hershey Track Meet. Elementary schools from the surrounding area travel to Payson High School and they have a mini track meet. Each student gets to pick 3 things to participate in. Hailey did the 400m, the softball throw, and the long jump. She started out so FAST in the 400m that I didn't think she would have the energy to finish it. She did slow down about 3/4 of the way thru and walked for a few seconds - until she could hear someone coming up behind her and then she bolted again. She took 1st in her heat and 2nd overall. She was only a half second behind the winner.  So awesome!

Afterwards she told me that it hurt to breath and asked if she had to run again that day (because the smaller races do have semifinals and finals). Luckily the 400m is a race against time and she didn't have to run again which was good because she said she is NEVER running again! haha! I guess that's why they don't have semifinals and finals in the 400m - I don't think the kids knew what they were signing up for and I don't think they could get them to run again! Haha!

Here she is finishing the race...

And a video of her long jump:


And here she is getting her medal at the end of the year assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment