Tuesday, February 02, 2010

What a Nightmare!!

OK - so I've been using Orange Glo on my hardwood floors for awhile and I noticed a week or so ago that my floor looked all scratched up. I thought the floor needed to be refinished but Jeff pointed out that the chairs were simply scratching through the Orange Glo.

Evidently, the Orange Glo had built up over time and my floor looked something like this - except worse...this is only a small portion of the floor.

So, I spent 4 days stripping it off the floor. The first day, I crawled around on my hands and knees and scrubbed the edges and then I used the steam mop which took most of it off but I had to go VERY slow and constantly rinse the mop pad. Seriously - it took me about 4 days (including all my many interruptions!)

Here's a picture after I steam mopped one strip: You can actually see the line that I cleaned - in case you can't tell - it's the part against the wall.

Moral of the Story: Do NOT use Orange Glo on your hardwood floor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment