Sunday, February 07, 2010

Hailey's Baptism

Wow - what a beautiful day!! Hailey Jo was baptized today. She looked so beautiful in her white dress and was so excited to be baptized. They warned us that they water was going to be cold and I think Hailey actually gasped as she entered the water. They quickly baptized her and we rushed into the dressing room. I asked her if she wanted to take a shower and she said, "Nope...I feel so warm inside."
We sang the song "I Know my Savior Loves Me" for the closing song - this is an awesome song that the Primary is learning this year. There was a little 5 or 6 year old that sang it with such conviction - it was so beautiful. Take a listen to it HERE:
We headed to the church for a yummy lunch and then worked it off with a couple games of dodge ball. Most of the family headed home this afternoon - however my Mom is staying with us for a few days. We are also keeping Jeff's sister's kids for the next week. I worry because they don't know us very well - but so far so good. They seem to be adjusting quite well.

We had to have at least ONE silly picture...

OK - maybe 2 silly pictures....

Hailey & her best buddy, Allison -a friend from when we lived in West Jordan. Allison told us that today was the best day of her whole life - well, it will be until April when she gets baptized.
Just before the baptism. It was such a beautiful day!

Do you think Jeff was a little hungry? Hahaha!
Dodgeball - we used whatever balls we could find - including HUGE exercise balls!
To Laurie - a true friend would have told me that my husband was preparing to smash a cookie into the side of my head.... because you NEVER know with Jeff. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow I still can't believe she is that old. Our kids are growing up way to fast!

    ReplyDelete