Chance & I were going to work out this morning. He was going to ride the bike and I was going to run on the treadmill. I got everything set up and then realized that I had forgot gum which is VERY important because then I don't need a drink every 2 seconds.
I walked out of the room and had just got to the bottom of the stairs when I heard a huge THUD! and I knew that Chance had gotten on the treadmill, turned it on, and it had just shot him out the back. The problem is - I parked it too close to the wall so he was stuck between the wall and the treadmill. Dumb! I know!! I actually thought about it while I was moving it around (so that we could watch TV while we were working out) but I figured it would be OK because I would fold it up when I was done and take the "key" out.
Anyway, he was lucky that when he fell and started kicking, it actually unplugged the treadmill. By the time I got in there, he was screaming bloody murder. He got up and I could tell we had some tread burns across his face. The one above his eye worried me the most because it was white - it looked like dead white skin and it was a bit concaved. UGH!! What do I do? Get an icebag - isn't that always the answer!?!?
I had Jeff come home and he looked at it. He thought it was probably a 3rd degree burn which meant that he was going to have a huge scar there. I called the Dr. and asked if we could bring him in to get looked at. They couldn't get me in until 2pm. By then, there was very little white - which is good. He still wanted me to see a dermatologist for a 2nd opinion. I think it's improved a ton since this morning! I wish I had taken a pic for ya'll to see but I was too worried.
Needless to say, I feel very guilty. I should have pulled the "key" when I went upstairs and I shouldn't have put it so close to the wall. This little boy is going to get anything he wants for the next day or so - just because I feel so guilty!
Here's a pic of what it looks like tonight before we went to bed. It seriously looks so much better! Imagine all that red on his forehead as being completely white and I don't mean clear - I mean WHITE! It took both Jeff & I holding him to put medicine on for the night.
Poor Chance!
ReplyDeleteI got shot off the back of a tread mill before, but I didn't come out looking like that!
I feel so sorry for him! I bet that really hurts!
ReplyDeleteI was going to start walking on my treadmill again but maybe I shouldn't. :)