Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip down Memory Lane..

I've been tagged by Kim and this one is hilarious. I figure since I'm embarassing myself anyway - I might as well post some of the most embarassing pics. (We didn't have digital cameras back then so I had to scan these..sorry they didn't turn out very well but you get the idea!)

Here we go....traveling back to HIGH SCHOOL and Big Hair

1 Did you date someone from your school? Not really - I did go to one dance with a guy from my H.S.
2 What kind of car did you drive? What car?? If I was good, I could borrow my mom's car -1982 Hondo Accord
3 Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? Yes, but I did get reprimanded on the driving test for braking for some birds in the road.
4 Were you a party animal? No, but I hung out with some that were. I didn't even dare try anything after I watched the way other people acted while under the influence.
5 Were you considered a flirt? HUGE flirt!
6 Were you in a band, orchestra or choir? Nope - I'm very musically challenged!
7 Were you a nerd? Weren't we all?!?!

**check out the bangs during my Freshman year. I kept trying to straighten my curly hair and it would just frizz. UGH! I hated my hair!..Here's another funny sidenote - I made the earrings in my Freshman pictures from garter accessories - no kidding!**
8 Were you on any varsity teams? Volleyball & Basketball Those were the only 2 sports that we had for girls. I did play on an awesome church softball team - we won Stake, Area & Regional 2 years in a row!!
9 Did you get suspended or expelled? Nope! But I sluffed school ONCE and got caught!
10 Can you still sing the fight song? I never could (or did)
11 Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. Blake (Home Ec), Miss Johnson(Algebra), Brother Blake & Brother Calderwood (Seminary)
12 Where did you sit during lunch? We had a closed campus so we all ate in the lunch room - wherever you could find a seat.
13 What's your school's full name? Sugar-Salem High School
14 What was your mascot and colors? Diggers, Blue & White
15 Did you go to homecoming? Yup
16 If you could go back and do it all again, would you? Nope - too much drama!
17 What do you remember most about graduation? I was excited and unsure of the future. I had done the same thing for 12 years and now the security of a regular routine was gone and I didn't know what to expect.
18 Where did you go on your Senior Skip Day? Seven Peaks - a day or two before graduation. Half of us got really sunburnt and you could really tell up against the white graduation gowns.
19 Were you in any clubs? Future Homemakers of America, Spirit Club, Drama (one year), Photography & Art, Newspaper, and Yearbook
20 Have you gained some weight since then? Duh!!!
21 Who was your prom date? Which prom? I'm assuming Senior Prom...Spencer Bowen.

**check out the scary nylons..I thought they were so cool**
22 Are you planning to go to your 10 year reunion? Been there done that!
23 Did you have a job while in high school? I worked at JB's Restaurant which was totally fun!! It was a college town so I got a lot of dates just working there.
And just for fun...my biggest hairdo ever!!
I'm taggin' Camille, Gina, Melissa, and Alisha.

4 comments:

  1. I started laughing so hard OUT LOUD when I saw your 'biggest hair of all'! That was such a fun post! Love the pics! HAHAHAHA!!!
    :) Sorry, but glad I never went through the huge hair phase! I still look the same (for now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'biggest hair of all' now that is what I'm talking about! Can you make me some awesome earrings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. K this blog was great-I love the big hair. I don't think of you and Kim that much older then me but I never really went through that big hair stage much. A little in Jr. High. But you and Kim have some wonderful big hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore those exact same shoes and nylons to my prom!! They were so cool I had them in black AND white. Black ones were for homecoming. And yes, I had the big hair too. You were still as beautiful then as you are now. I even wore the side ponytails like in Napolean Dynamite. What a geek I was!

    ReplyDelete