Seems like I am packing a home lunch every other day for my kids.
I used to hear my neighbors talking about packing lunch and taking it to their kids and I thought, "I'll never do that. They can just learn to eat whatever they are having at school." That was before I actually ate school lunch.
No offense! I know there are still some schools out there with great lunches but ours is almost entirely pre-packaged and then reheated. Calista begged me to have lunch with her when she was in 1st grade so I picked what I thought would be a "safe" day - grilled cheese sandwiches. Well, it came pre-packaged in a plastic bag. They nuked it in the microwave and handed them out. Yuck! Now I understand and can sympathize when they want Home Lunch.
Anyway, I came across Gerb's blog the other day with some ideas for home lunches. Take a look if you need some ideas.
I also purchased a soup thermos for my kids so that I could heat soup in the morning before school, send it with them, and they got a nice hot (at least warm) lunch from home. Happy lunching!!
Amber likes to take mac & cheese or spaghettios in a thermos! I just make extra mac & cheese the night before and reheat it in the morning and put it in the thermos. She loves it!
ReplyDelete