Today I made and canned salsa. For a beginner canner, I probably should not have modified the recipe, but I did!! Hope it turns out! On a side note, this was a lot of work. I would definitely save it for the last day of canning. I think if I had started with this one, I might have stopped at this one.
If you're going to make this one, may I recommend using this to chop the veggies. (Thanks Camille for letting me use yours!)
If you're up to the challenge, here's another canning recipe:
Salsa
1/2 bushel tomatoes
3 green peppers
1 red pepper
3 to 4 jalapeno peppers
8 to 10 onions
1 cup white vinegar (I used lemon juice instead)
1/2 cup canning salt
3 Tbsp sugar
1 (24 oz) tomato paste
1 Tbsp oregano
3 Tbsp cumin (I didn't add this)
2 (4 oz) cans green chilies
Garlic to taste
I added cilantro because I like cilantro in my salsa.
Chop and blend first 5 ingredients. Add all ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 hours. Why so long? I think it helps to cook off some of the liquid so you get a thicker salsa.Fill pint jars and water bath for 20 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment