Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Love is in the air!!

Haha!!

We started our day with pink heart pancakes for breakfast along with pink Sunny D. The kids weren't too sure about the pink pancakes but I finally convinced them that it was just food coloring and it tasted the same.

We had worked on Valentine Mailboxes over the weekend and thank goodness for the $1 store. Here's what we came up with:Hailey loves to cook - in case anyone has forgotten. So she made a 3 tiered cake. We've got to work a little bit on the "less is more" concept - but it turned out pretty cute. I wish I had beads to put around the edge of each layer but it was Sunday...so we made due with what we had. Anyway, we made these out of 3 round plastic bowls that we found at the $1 store. I used my dremel to cut out the bottom of 2 of them and then we stacked them up and covered them with pink wrapping paper. The lid on the top comes off so kids can put their valentines in the box and then the lid on the bottom comes off so Hailey can dump them out when she gets home.


For Calista...I stuck two melanine bowls on top of each other and Calista immediately said, "PAC MAN!!!" I didn't even know that she knew who or what that was...hahaha! I had Jeff drill holes in the back of the bowls and we wired them together (kinda like a hinge). We spray painted it yellow and then cut shapes out of black paper. We decided to add the tongue as something to open it with. It is cut out of red foam. Calista loved it and won "Best" mailbox in her class.

Calista lovin' on her box.


Chance didn't have to decorate a box - but it's coming...wonder what we'll come up with next year!!

Also, I saw this idea online last year and things were so CRAZY that I didn't get it done. I was determined to make it happen this year and I must say - they turned out so cute..check out their Valentine's below:

No comments:

Post a Comment