Saturday, October 10, 2009

Grand Witch Council Challenge

I saw this idea a couple of years ago and then my SIL Alicia pulled it off last year and said it was ALOT of fun so I decided to give it a stab.

I hooked up with a couple of neighbors - Kim and CaraDee and we started planning away.

Essentially, the invitations are sent out and guests are asked to RSVP to an email account that is set up specifically for the party. Everything is done anonymous so the guests do NOT know who is hosting the party. They are divided into teams with team captains. Everything is handled via email. They witches meet at a specified destination and the fun begins. They are sent on a scavenger hunt around town to find "ingredients" for the Grand Witches Brew. It didn't take as long as I thought it would - but I think everyone had a great time!!

I think a lot of people had me pegged for hosting the party - but it was still fun - unfortunately I had to lie to a lot of people and deny that it was me. The funniest was when my team realized that I was hosting the party and had been playing the game all night with them!

The Vicious Vampire Team

The Greedy Goblins Team

The Menacing Monster Team

The Wailing Werewolves

The Grisly Ghost Team

A pic of the golden broomsticks and paper bag broom favors

The VERY coveted golden broomsticks

My team trying to unlock the chest at the Hobo's Home

And the winning team...the Wailing Werewolves

1 comment: