Thursday, May 07, 2009

See what I did.....

I've been wanting to learn how to do the "coupon" thing for awhile but life seems so busy that I just can't work it in. Now I can't afford to not work it in..

We were able to pay off all of our debt this spring with our tax return and Jeff's bonus so I finally feel like we have a fresh start - no debt. My friend Kim loaned me a Dave Ramsey audio CD while I was laid up with my knee. It's called the Total Money Makeover and it's so simple that even I can do it and part of my goal is to save on groceries.

So, I went to Albertsons last night and I saved $118 using the preferred card and coupons. I saved more than I spent and I got a ton of groceries. I was so excited that I dreamt about it last night. I was shopping with my coupons and adding up all my savings. Weird, huh? I can tell you that it is totally addicting.

If you are interested, they offer classes for free. I go back and forth between 2 websites:
www.pinchingyourpennies.com
www.grocerysmarts.com

By the way, I order 3 Sunday papers to maximize my savings. My dad was here after my surgery and thought I was crazy. He didn't understand why I needed 3 papers. I called him the other night and told him that I was getting cereal, BBQ sauce, and Quacker snacks for FREE!! That's why I get 3 papers...I still don't think he understood.

1 comment:

  1. A new addict.... welcome to the club! :)

    ReplyDelete