We had so many great experiences at the camp that I'm not sure where to even begin.
Monday - we arrived at camp and got settled in. We handed out camp journals and matching P.J's. We each got a white T-shirt and then we took a few minutes to sign everyone's t-shirt. We had FHE that night and I missed it but I heard that it was really AWESOME. I got there just in time for our bedtime story (A Kissing Hand) and then our Circle of Sisters. Each day we pick a popsicle stick with someone's name on it and then we had to observe that individual and notice the positive things they did that day. At night, we would sit in a circle and share what we saw. I think this is one of the girl's favorite things.
Tuesday - We left for hikes this morning but I stayed behind with another leader to finish working on some projects. We did a service project in the afternoon. We made pop-pom balls out of yarn. They are sent overseas and children use them as balls. Pres. Anderson and his wife spoke to us this evening about self-worth. Our bedtime story tonight was "A color of their own" and we talked about appreciating our different talents and developing our own talents.
Wednesday - We started off the morning with the Challenge Course. We had 4 different courses and each one had a gospel message to be learned from it.
Tonight we had skits. We received 10 items from another ward and have 2 days to come up with a skit. The stake asked us to center our themes around a movie and so we picked "The Little Mermaid" It was way CUTE!! Our YW were AWESOME!!
The bedtime story tonight was The Runaway Bunny and we talked about how God is always there for us - no matter how far we may try to run away from him.
Thursday - We went out onto Legacy Lake today. Before going out, we read the scripture that includes "Be still and know that I am God" While on the lake, they blow a horn and we sit in complete silence for 2 minutes - to ponder and enjoy the beauty of God around us. It was pretty fun. Then we have about 15 minutes to paddle around and play.
Tonight was Testimony Meeting and it was so neat. It was probably the longest testimony mtg ever - approx 3 1/2 hours. We have such amazing YW with strong testimonies. Calista will be going to camp in 2 years and I hope her testimony is just as beautiful and strong by then.
Our bedtime story tonight was "You are special" by Max Lucado. I love this book - if you have not read it, you should. It's all about self-worth and not letting what others say about us stick to us.
Friday - we got up early and started cleaning up camp so we can head home. It's hard to leave this beautiful place.
No comments:
Post a Comment