Friday, February 20, 2009

UGH!!!

So, today was my appt with the orthopedic dr. I have to admit that I thought I was going to walk away with a fairly clean bill of health - my ACL may be sprained but just give it time. That's what I was hoping for.

INSTEAD

I walk away with a full ACL tear and a recommendation for surgery in the near future!

UGH!!! So, now I'm debating if I should stay on my phentermine and push the surgery off for 3 months and lose as much weight as possible by then. OR go ahead and do the surgery now. If I wait, the kids will be out of school. If I do it now, they are in school and I'll be able to do a lot more stuff with them while they are home for the summer. In any case, there is no volleyball for 6 months after the surgery. Boo Hoo!!!

I'm so sad I could cry!!! I hate being "disabled" for any amount of time.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you have to have surgery! That's never fun. If you wait until the summer maybe you could sent the kiddos to Idaho for a week or so. They could have fun with the cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing...send the kids this way for a little while!

    Good luck! That stinks.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say wait until summer. You will have a much faster and easier recovery even if you only lose 10 pounds. Plus, then I can come and get your kids & they could stay with me for a few days as well. I'm so sorry. Surgery is never the fun option.

    ReplyDelete